Our last post about car hacks was popular, so we thought we’d bring you part two! Below you will find seven more car hacks that actually work. Some will save you time, while others can save your car!
1. Is it takeout night? Use your seat warmer to keep your pizza hot in transit.
2. If clutter drives you bonkers, consider purchasing a mini trashcan or plastic cereal container to discard waste.
3. Fight frost in the winter with this trick. Park your car facing east. As the sun rises in the east you’re using the suns warmth to defrost the ice. Brilliant!
4. Does your car feel like a sauna in the summer months? Try this trick to cool it in a matter of minutes. First, roll down one of the windows all the way, then walk to the other side of the car and open and close the door five to ten times. This creates a circulating air flow that will push the hot air out.
5. Get more bang for your buck. Trying to save gas and money? You’ll love this. Try leaving ample space between your car and the car in front of you so you can coast to a stop instead of hit the brakes and accelerate slowly and gradually over a greater distance. The result: You’ll use less fuel than flooring it.
6. Go easy on the key fobs. To avoid problems with ignition system, limit the amount of keys on your keychain. The inside of a traditional keyed ignition is fragile. When too much weight is put onto the key inside, it’s pulled downwards by gravity and can wear out the ignition switch.
7. Here’s another cold weather tip from the pros. To prevent your doors from freezing shit, coat all of the rubber gaskets on the inside of your door with cooking spray and then gently wipe with a paper towel.